School History

The History of Bessie Ellison Elementary

In 1967, Bessie Ellison School was annexed to the St. Joseph School District. The school was formerly in the Platte Valley School District R-1 and was named after the former Superintendent, Bessie Ellison.

Bessie Ellison (1954-present)

The original building was completed and occupied by 175 pupils on November 14, 1954. Since that time there have been two additions to the original building. The school is situated on 13 acres of beautiful land 5 miles east of the Belt Highway on Highway 6. Currently the school has 18 regular classroom teachers for students in kindergarten through 6th grade and the current enrollment is around 360 students.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.